Sunday, October 26, 2008

ROAR Book: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

5-4-3-2-1

5.Comments:
  • I'm glad that Elizabeth isn't scrubbing floors anymore (that was her job before at the Ashram), instead she's the Key Hostess.
  • I'm sad that Richard from Texas left (he went back to Austin) because he was Elizabeth's closest friend at the Ashram and was an extremely nice guy.
  • I learned that kundalini skati means "the supreme energy of the divine".
  • I never knew Elizabeth spoke a little bit of Russian.
  • I can't believe Elizabeth changed her job again; now she's placed in the Office of Registration instead of being the Key Hostess.
4.Questions:
  • Who is sage Kabir?
  • Who is Richard Dreyfuss?
  • Is Close Encounters of the Third Kind a movie, play or book?
  • Who is Count Basie?
3.Vocabulary:
  • Hallucinogen: drug that produces hallucination
  • Euphoria: feeling of well-being
  • Eucalyptus: a subtropical evergreen
2.Literary Terms:
  • Imagery: "We were up on a gorgeous rooftop, tiled ceramic chips that glittered in the evening twilight." (page 184)
  • Metaphor: "I watched my ego return the way you watch a Polaroid photo develop." (page 200)
1.Overview Sentence:
  • Elizabeth is leaving India to go to Indonesia.

No comments: