Monday, October 13, 2008

ROAR Book: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

5-4-3-2-1

5.Comments:
  • So far I love this book; it's not only intriguing but it's also suitable for teens to read.
  • I love how Elizabeth Gilbert added humor to the book but still kept the book filled with emotions and sensitivity.
  • The book caught my eyes due to it's cover; the colors used for the cover was soft and blended really well together.
  • From what I have read so far from this memoir of Elizabeth Gilbert's life, I feel like she thought she knew what she wanted but the things that she have wanted, have never worked out.
  • The 30 pages that I have read felt like I was in Elizabeth Gilbert's mind knowing exactly what she did and what said due to the descriptive words that she have used in her writing.
4.Questions:
  • What made Elizabeth Gilbert's husband change his mind to sign the divorce papers when at first he refused to sign them?
  • Did her husband resent her because he truly loved her or now that she wants a divorce they can't have the baby that he has always dreamed for?
  • When you love someone, will clinging on to that person keep that him/her by your side?
  • Did Elizabeth move on too fast when her and her husband was separated by deciding to move in with David?
3.Vocabulary:
  • Androgynous: blending male and female characteristics; unisex
  • Equanimity: composure
  • Interminable: lasting, or seeming to last, forever
2.Literary Terms:
  • Imagery: " I let go of my bag, drop to my knees and press my forehead against the floor." (page 9)
  • Simile: " Having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face" (page 10)
1. Overview Sentence:
  • Elizabeth Gilbert is not happy with her marriage of six years, so she decides to get a divorce with her husband but her husband is not taking the divorce lightly.

No comments: