Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ROAR BOOK: Walt Disney the art of Animation

5-4-3-2-1
5.Comments:
  • I thought that a director's job is to tell people what to do but a director actually constructs the scene, selects the camera angles, paces the action, maneuvers the crowds, etc.
  • Animation directors have a lot to do so I think that their role in making cartoons and motion pictures are extremely important.
  • I did not know that the directors also uses the camera; I thought that only the camera men uses the camera.
  • I did not know that the director uses the camera to arrive at the momentous decisions on staging his scenes by using using two elementary factors which are the dramatic structures and the limitations of animation medium.
  • I would love to be a director one day but I wish there will be less work for me to do.

4.Questions:

  • Are there any famous Disney directors?
  • What is a "posed test"?
  • What is the "clean-up test"?
  • What is a "rough animation"?

3.Vocabulary:

  • Cataclysmic: of, pertaining to, or resulting from a cataclysm.
  • Tedium: the quality or state of being wearisome; irksomeness; tediousness.
  • Harangue:a scolding or a long or intense verbal attack; diatribe.

2.Literary Terms:

  • Simile: "Lightning bolts crackle out of her staff like the lash of a whip." (page 110)
  • Metaphor: "As Maleficent comes out of her fit, she seems almost to be recovering from a heart attack." (page 110)

1.Overview Sentence:

  • Describes what an animation director does and how an animation director uses the camera.

No comments: